Wednesday 2 November 2016

Task 2a: Reflective Practice

Task 2a of Module 1 of the Professional Practice course begins to make me explore my own thoughts in the content of a journal. I have decided to do a day to day diary entry on my thoughts in  my Professional Practice as I believe that  this is the best way for me to gather my thoughts together as no day is the same for me. Also  from seeing my  thoughts written down in front of me will help me to reflect on my day.Was i happy with what i have delivered ? Did the children understand the aims of the lesson ?...

I have never considered  a diary entry to write down my thoughts and feeling before,  throughout my time at The  Hammond, i used a weekly reflection sheet to explain what we have done throughout the week including corrections and focus areas of  dance i have worked on.I found writing down corrections made me think about the specific correction in more detail and i could go back  and reflect on my learning.

There is an assumption for many people that thinking and writing are linked: “Writing is a means of puzzling through what is happening in our work and our personal lives…” Boud (2001). I  believe that this is realistic quote referring to my day to day dairy entry in which my thoughts and feelings are expressed through my work and personal life.

Throughout section 2 of module 1  i am going too look further into reflective practice and also look at different practitioners on how they relate to me.







No comments:

Post a Comment