Sunday 16 October 2016

1c Audio visual

When reading the module handbook for the first time to see that we had to produce a Audio Visual and upload it to YouTube i was very nervous about this task as i had never uploaded a video to YouTube.

YouTube has been around since 2005 and was developed by 3 formal pay pal employers with just over a year later was sold to google . YouTube has been revelation to the World Wide Web with over a billion users either  uploading creative videos, liking, commenting and watching the creations of other users.

I use YouTube  on a day to day basis it is a significant part to the performing arts industry, allows performers and students to upload show reels to allow casting agent/directors to see their works quickly and efficiently. The  ability for users  to watch  famous dance companies in rehearsal and performances , for example if you type in 'world ballet day' you are able to watch ballet companies in rehearsal  from around the world,  you wouldn't have the opportunity to watch this  without video sharing websites like YouTube. Opportunities to be able to watch videos like ballet companies performances and classes is very inspiring to young children when teaching dance as they have something to aspire too.

In addition to showreels you are able to have an insight into world famous  ballet / dance companies from around the world. Companies  upload videos in rehearsals and performances onto youtube this allows users to have the opportunity to have an insight into dance companies and allows people to have an aim to aspire to . This relates to my professional Practice as i believe children love to have someone to look upto and it gives them a drive to achieve their dream !


I was very unsure how to go about this task so i decided to type in YouTube 'BAPP' videos of this task appeared and i viewed other previous students videos to help me with the task. Everyone interpreted this task in a different way which was really interesting to see. This is one of my favourites i watched
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlDsZAHGHkM. I liked how Alana used the visual of words through the Audio Visual .

I have decided to base my video on what i hope to achieve from this course and what i would like to do with my career in the near future. I have gone about this task in a formal way i wrote down my ideas which i hope to include in my Audio Visual and practised speaking out loud, Even though going to a performing arts school and appeared in shows which i had speaking roles in, speaking out loud  has always been a difficult and nerve racking skill for me from a young age.

I have edited my video on YouTube video editor, this enabled me to use different tools  that YouTube has on offer which i never realised before. By using the different tools this made my Audio  Visual video my pleasing to the eye than the video i was originally going to upload  onto  YouTube. 


Here is my Audio Visual that i have produced with  lots of practising throughout the past few days. I am happy with what i have produced for my first video creation and upload onto YouTube for the big wide world to view !

please feel free to comment on your views .


Eleanor Duignan 


No comments:

Post a Comment