Saturday 8 October 2016

1d: 2d image

Over the last few evenings i have been researching into image sharing websites, i currently use Instagram for social interest and i have decided to use Flickr for professional work based photos.  This means i wont  have a clash of social and work based photos on one photo sharing website.

Before setting up my Flickr page i did a bit of research into the website as i had heard of it in the great vine but never had actually thought of using it as a photos sharing website in a professional way.

After looking on the "About Flickr Page " on their website i found out what the goals of the website was when it was set up in 2004:-

1. 

We want to help people make their photos available to the people who matter to them.

2.

We want to enable new ways of organising photos and video


Flickr relates to professional communication as it is a user generated programme incorporating the  like button, commenting and sharing pictures onto other social networking sites. If the website didn't have users sharing and storing photos on the website it would be none existent.

How can Flickr help my professional Practice ?

1. Upload photos of my dance portfolio, by having a link on my cv digitally  this will help viewing my photos easy with a click of a button they are on my Flickr page.

2.Take photos and videos of choreography that i have created /choreographed.

3. A way i can advertise my work to other working professions not only in England but further afield

4. Advertise new work/scheme through photo form as Flickr has different groups for interests.


https://www.flickr.com/photos/144987002@N06/
This is my Flickr account that i have created and imported photos of my dance portfolio, i will add more photos relating to my professional practice as i go through the course.

After creating and researching Flickr, it got me thinking:-
what is next for Flickr ?
Hows it going to develop as the Web develops ?
Will people still use Flickr in the near future or will another photo sharing website appear which will become more popular ?

Your views on how i can develop my page would be helpful, as i am new to the concept of Flickr.



No comments:

Post a Comment