Monday 6 March 2017

My Thoughts Towards My Inquiry After Today

After teaching a class today of primary school children today it has made me think more deeply on my questions and after speaking to other professionals and teachers within the education sector.

It was very evident during today that children were no used to kinestetic learning as the children are used to sitting at a desk looking at the whiteboard and listening to the teacher  (visual and audio ) this happens on a day to day basis during in English and Maths.

I really want to further my inquiry on looking at how can different learning styles  and performing arts aspects could be incorporated into  other academic subjects as soon as children enter education. After speaking to teachers there seems to be very limited on the amount of  time to teach more vocational subjects for example the performing arts  . 

There are many benefits to performing arts in the education system when growing up but why are they not prioritised in the national curriculum? could  this improve the grades of children and allow the children to have a  greater attention span by incorporating more interactive(performing arts) aspects of the lessons ? As every child requires different needs but are schools currently meeting their learning needs to make sure they reach their full potential?

I am very passionate in raising standards of children's learning and i really do believe that performing arts aspects of teaching can help many children. 

I have came to the conclusion after speaking to teachers in my workplace and also dance teachers that i would like my inquiry to be based around creativity and performing arts in education how can this be included and also benefit children through education?

Would love to hear your views on my thoughts on today








No comments:

Post a Comment